- FieldEdge accesses the surveys from your NationBuilder account and makes them available within the app
- New surveys are setup via your NationBuilder Control Panel
- Surveys must be attached to a Page on your website that has a “Published” or “Unlisted” status
- Results are sent back to your nation in real-time as if the person had completed the surveys via your nation’s website
In this article you will learn how to:
- Setup a new Survey in NationBuilder
- Connect a Survey to an unlisted Survey Page
- Using Surveys on FieldEdge
- Check survey results
Setup a new survey in NationBuilder
Login to your nation and go to People > More > Surveys
Click on +New survey
Type the name of your survey and click the Create button
Create a question
Next create your first question.
For each question you add, you’ll be presented with the following fields:
Slug (required): Create a slug for the question. This is a short way of identifying the question topic and must be unique from page slugs and usernames. If you include spaces in a slug, they will be replaced by underscores.
Full question (required): Type the full question in this space and include a question mark. This is how your question will be displayed on a connected survey page. (required)
Intro or explanation (optional): If you need to explain your question beyond the initial sentence, use this space to create an introduction or explanation. The text written here will display before the answer choices.
Display possible responses to the survey taker in random order: How responses are displayed on a connected survey page. This can help alleviate the possibility that response order has an effect on whether it is chosen. If you uncheck the box, then the response order you determine will be the same for everyone taking the survey.
- Multiple choice: list as many responses as desired. Responder can only select one response.
- Yes/No: creates a multiple choice question with yes and no response options. Responder can only select one response.
- Text: free-form text field.
Status: the status of the question. Note that questions will not be published on your website or show up in FieldEdge until the survey is connected to a survey page.
Tag people who answer this question with: Adds a tag to everyone who responds to the question, regardless of their response. With multiple choice and yes/no questions, you can also tag people based on which response they choose.
Click the “Save survey question” button to save the question. If you are creating a multiple choice or yes/no question, you’ll then be able to define response choices and create a workflow for people who choose a particular response.
Multiple choice response order
You can drag and drop existing responses to change their order. Once you move a response, the letters will update to reflect the new order.
From this list of possible responses, which appears to the right of the new response options, you can also edit or delete existing possible responses by clicking on the appropriate icon.
If you create a Yes / No question, those responses will be listed in this column. Click the edit icon next to the “Yes” response to trigger a workflow for people who select it. You can also click the edit icon next to the “No” response to define a workflow for that response.
Add another question
Once you have created all possible responses for a question, use the breadcrumbs at the top of the control panel to return to the survey and add a new question.
When looking at a list of questions, you can drag and drop the questions to change the order they are asked in. On a survey page, the first question cannot be skipped. All other questions can be skipped.
Connect a Survey to an unlisted Survey Page
For a survey to work in FieldEdge it must be connected to a webpage (not just exist in the people section of your nation). This page can be published or it can be unlisted.
First, follow the steps to create a new page on your site. This process works the same regardless of what type of page you’re creating.
1. Go to Website > +New page
2. Name your page and decide the page slug.
3. Select the Survey page type.
4. Decide whether to include the page in top navigation and / or supporter navigation (unlikely if this is purely for use in FieldEdge)
5. Click the “Create new page” button.
You’ll be taken to Survey settings > Basics
Survey: You need to select a survey you just created. The drop-down menu lists the surveys that currently exist.
(Clicking on “new survey” below the drop-down menu will take you to People > Other > Surveys, where you can create a new survey.)
Once people have responded to the survey, you can see all survey results in the results area of the survey. Here is an example of the results of a downtown LA survey: