There are a few reasons you might not be able to find the person you are looking for using the People section of the app:
- You don't have permission to view their profile
- Searches need to be an exact match
- Searches for an organisation with three or more words don't work
- The person is missing from your nation altogether
Read on for further explanation of each scenario.
1. You don't have permission to view their profile
Check that you have access to this person's profile. If you are not an admin, you may have a permission set that requires you to be the point person to view them. Check with an Admin of your nation what permission set you have and if you are the point person.
2. Searches need to be an exact match
To find someone using FieldEdge's search, you need to make sure you are search for an exact match, eg. if the person's name is "Franklin", searching for "Frank" will not find them. This is due to a bug in NationBuilder search API. If you find this is the issue, please let NationBuilder know you'd like this fixed.
3. Searches for an organisation with three or more words don't work
If you are searching for an organisation that has more than one word in its name, eg. "McDonalds South Florida", you may not be able to find it using FieldEdge. This is due to the way the NationBuilder search API is designed. If run into this issue, please let NationBuilder know you would like this fixed.
4. The person is missing from your nation altogether
Are you sure the person exists in your nation? Try searching for them on nationbuilder.com.